Wednesday

10.8



My granny was admitted into Gleneagles 2 days back,
complaining of abdomen cramps and pain, and vomiting.
It turned out they were gall stones.

When I overheard my father on the phone 5 days back,
concerned about my grannys health,
I dared not ask more.
She was 80.
I've always been terrible.
Terrible at dealing with loss.
Having my granny leave me now was not an option.
I cowered under my chores, hoping it would all pass.

Thats the ICU ward (pic).
Well, she's fine now.
Glad and reliefed, the truth still stared back at me.
She isn't going to be with us forever,
no matter how much I wish all my love ones could.

She's such an amazing lady.
Before going in for the surgery,
she got to know of my maids departure back to indonesia.
My maid who has been with my family for 4 years,
and who has spent much time with her.
Hours before she was wheeled in, she mentioned to my mum,

"Ga wa pao jit eh ang pao hor ah fiah"
(A red packet for Fiah, alright?)

And when I visited her today,
a few of her first words were the same.
Perhaps worried that Fiah, my maid,
would've thought she'd forgotten her.

Well.
Fiah's going home tomorrow morning,
just before I reach school.
She's been a great help, i'd have to thank her for that.
Though i'd miss her,
her food i've lived on for the past 4 long years!
Hahaha! And the good laughs our family has had.
Hais.
Best of luck with her new husband,
and future endeavors!
What a sister she has been.

And to my granny,
best of health,
hope to see you smiling, as always.

And I can't believe I just noticed,
what beautiful blue eyes you've got.

No comments:

Post a Comment