Saturday

1.10

Today during my round, I managed to catch up with a friend of mine. Eric just recently got married, so we happened to get onto the subject of relationships. Being quite a charmer as he is, I curiously questioned his past, expecting a long list. He had 7, but his wife was was exceptionally different. They got together, and fell apart, for a total of 3 times over a span of one decade. I sniggered, unable to fathom how two people could decide to return and leave each other, for so many times. He added, that fate just wouldn't let them go their seperate ways. My eyes widened. He then asked me if ever had been in a relationship. I answered promptly. He sniggered back. Then you've never felt love, he said. I shrugged my shoulders.

"Love was when she's never off your mind, even when you shut your eyes, whenever she's not by your side. That burning, slightly sour and cringing feeling, tugging on your heartstrings, when you couldn't be where she was. It doesn't make sense, how just the thought of her makes your heart ache, something only she could do. You were most vulnerable, but only to her."

And apparently, that was how he knew that he never really fell out of love with her. I laughed him off for being cheesy, though rather enlightened by his words of experience *buddhatune*
"You wouldn't laugh when you feel it in the future!"
I smiled in agreement, and a tinge of anticipation.


Guess it isn't hard to figure, if you're in love.
But perhaps I have been, only once or twice till now.

No comments:

Post a Comment