Friday

3 February 2012

alright so the day has come finally huh.
unfortunately it has.

well this enlistment comes with mixed emotions. that of suspense, trepidation and even honor. i'd be enlisting at SOTAC. good thing is, i wont have to take a damn ferry to tekong but instead training would be on mainland in changi. bad thing is, i'd be going through commando training. i've heard stories of the camp and training. of how a distant cousin wore out his knees, and how a senior got down 'pes'ed to a clerk. the training definitely isn't going to be easy on me. but i treat it with an open mind and look ahead. to all those who have made it through- why not me?

the hardest thing to bear with isn't what i'm about to face. it's that of leaving my loved ones. those closest to me. when i'm putting up with my duties, they would be the ones worrying about me, about my safety. couple that with the minimal contact with me. especially my mum, whom i know would have a hard time seeing me off, despite her regular, strong facade. my safety isn't about me anymore, its about the responsibilities i have toward those around me. and that, is stressful.

nevertheless, i would enter with an open mind and heart. i would be welcoming to the obstacles that await. theres a little fear and doubt in me, wondering if i could make it. and theres another in me, who'd push on for the sake of those behind me. i wish for the very best. *wish me luck*

For Honor and Glory.
Recruit J W Koh

No comments:

Post a Comment